Word of the Left

Insomniac commentary on current issues and Marxist theory with a Maoist spin.


Revolutionary Music

Where to begin? I guess it started several months ago. I began to feel bored of mainstream music, then I got annoyed, and then finally I just couldn't bare to listen to it anymore and I began to start checking out indie and revolutionary music that some friends recomended. I started listening to bands like Propaghandi, Anti-Flag, Black Flag, Leftover Crack, and Reagan Youth, but I soon found that revolutionary music is few and far between. It's a sad reflection but it seems like music today is mostly meaningless songs by bands who are really just in it for the money. I think that's the main reason mainstream music is now more than ever; pure shit! In anycase, the purpose of this post was to ask readers if they have any band recomendations, just post a comment and I'll check it out. Much appreciated.

3 Responses to “Revolutionary Music”

  1. # Blogger MC Fanon

    Rage Against the Machine is as revolutionary as they come.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Check out Cheap Sex, The Exploited, The Unseen and some good hip-hop is Non-Phixion and Immortal Technique.  

  3. # Blogger Jim Jepps

    Check out Dave Rovics site - all his songs are free.  

Post a Comment