Word of the Left

Insomniac commentary on current issues and Marxist theory with a Maoist spin.


Turnout of the World Can't Wait's day of Action

I haven't updated in a couple of days because I simply have had nothing to write about, but today, I attended the World Can't Wait to Drive out the Bush regime's rally here in New York City. I'll admit that I kind of cheated since I was supposed to skip 'business as usual' in order to go to the rally, but I didn't. I came relatively late to the protest which was at Union Square here in New York and started at four, but I was there in time to here some great speakers. It was interesting to see the range of speakers who each represented different political ideologies. Organizations that were present ranged from the Revolutionary Communist Party to the 'Progressive' Democrat party to Code Pink. The people present were mostly radical liberals but there was some people from the RCP and some Black Nationalists. In retrospect, the rally was small with maybe 500 or so people but that was only one of the many rallies nationwide and citywide. Perhaps the most humorous moment of the protest was seeing a cop shake his head and spit in disapproval as a speaker representing the October 22nd Coalition Against Police Brutality come to the stage.

1 Responses to “Turnout of the World Can't Wait's day of Action”

  1. # Blogger Frank Partisan

    I went to "The World Can't Wait", in Minneapolis. The crowd size was fair. The politics was a mix of pacifism, liberalism, focusing on Bush, not the system.

    RCP was low profile. I saw one person selling newspapers.  

Post a Comment